14 Things I Love About My Husband
Well February 14th, the big red day of love, is approaching and in the interests of romance, I’ve been having a think about why I love my husband as much as I do and I wondered if I could come up with 14 things I love about my husband.
The idea for writing this obviously occurred on an occasion he had washed up, taken Miss M to bed or bought me chocolate rather than after I’d tripped over yet another discarded item of clothing he’d strewn on the floor.
So here are the 14 reasons I love my husband, in no particular order, and please share yours – if you write your own post, link it in the comments below so I can check it out. :)
1. He’s very creative and a wonderful artist. He drew for Disney for nearly 10 years and has since illustrated children’s books and his talent amazes me. I can’t wait to see him draw more with Miss M and Mini as they get older and develop their own talents.
2. He lets me be ME – and I’m a bossy boots. Well apparently I am. I like to think I’m organised and authoritative but apparently this can soooometimes translate as being bossy. He’s happy for me to be bossy though, within reason, and this seems to work for us both. He needs direction.
3. He has been happy, most of the time, to chauffeur me around for the duration of our relationship as I had stopped driving and he’s now supporting me in my goal to get back behind the wheel. This has meant that whenever we have driven to the event, he’s always been the designated driver whilst I, pre-babies, got blind drunk and made him stay out far too late on occasion. If he ever complained about it, I was probably too tipsy to hear him. I don’t think he minded.
4. He shares my love for karaoke! Perhaps not quite as much as I do but despite being a die-hard metal fan, he will humour me with Disney duets and he may now like Luke Bryan more than I do.
5. He cleans the bathroom and takes out the bins – with just a little prompting.
6. He wholeheartedly shares my love of chocolate and he doesn’t judge me for eating too much of it.
7. He loves his family and stays in close contact with them – he’s a real family man all round.
8. When we eat out, he lets me choose what we both have so we can share – most of the time. So I get my 2 top choices! I think he’s just happy to be eating to be honest.
9. He isn’t perfect and his quirks definitely keep me on my toes. We all like a bit of a challenge, don’t we?
10. He likes to cuddle. I mean he REALLY likes to cuddle. He’s very cuddly.
11. He compliments me every single day and I take this one for granted and do not reciprocate as much as I should at all. I hope this post makes up for that a little bit.
12. He keeps my secrets – I can literally tell him anything at all and he won’t breathe a word to anyone. Sometimes it’s because he’s forgotten what I told him but I suppose that isn’t always a bad thing.
13. He never judges me or holds anything against me. He forgives my faults and supports me in every aspect of my life. We might not be a perfect couple but we’re a team and he’s my best friend.
14. He is literally the BEST Daddy in the world (well he shares this accolade with my own Daddy of course). There is nothing he wouldn’t do for Miss M and he’s been hands on from the very beginning by supporting me in my pregnancies, throughout her birth and taking more than his fair share of night-time awakenings. He puts our little family before everything and everyone else and we love him very much for it.
I’d love to hear the reasons you love your partner too so do let me know!