Weekly Round Up – Week 4
Well what a busy week last week was! Here’s my weekly round up from last week.
We completed on the house – a complete mix of happiness because we’re moving a step forward in our Australian adventure but sadness too as we were very happy in our little house.
The couple we sold to seem to be lovely though and I hope they will be as happy as we were there – I left them a bottle of Prosecco to enjoy while they settled in.
We’ve moved in with my parents until we fly back to Australia – it’s going well so far I think! Don’t ask them of course.
Our big news is that we booked the flights. We leave in early October – ah everything is going so fast now. I can’t decide if I’m looking forward to flying with a toddler and a baby. Let’s be honest, I’m dreading it a little bit. I think we will probably have to cave in and invest in an iPad. Let me know if you have any tips on flying long haul with 2 small children.
• My Most Read Post was – Emigrating from the UK to Australia!
• My Favourite Archived Post – “Sleep when the Baby Sleeps” and other ridiculous pregnancy and parenting advice – as yet another random stranger felt the need to offer me their
stupidity pearls of wisdom.
On my To Do list for next week
• Since I’m on a roll with organising things for Australia, I’d love to get our accommodation sorted. You know, so we actually have somewhere to sleep the first night we arrive.
• Get some more quotes on sending our excess baggage to Australia – it’s so expensive! If you have any suggestions of companies who can ship or fly bags over, let me know please.
• Walk walk walk – although I’ve been busy with the house move, my exercise has taken a back seat and I need to get back into walking.
I hope you all had a lovely week last week and enjoyed the rest of the school holidays, for those in the UK with school-age kids.