Feature Flip #08 The Less-Refined Mind
Welcome back to Feature Flip! Feature Flip is dedicated to showcasing some great features run by my fellow bloggers.
This week I’m turning the tables on the lovely Kate at The Less-Refined Mind!
I love Kate’s blog, her writing style and variety and I’ve been really enjoying her Thankful Thursday feature.
Every Thursday, Kate publishes a post on what she has been grateful for in the previous week – it’s so positive and a lovely time to reflect on the good in her life.
Why did it start?
Kate says she struggles sometimes with anxiety and stress but wants her daughter to be raised with a positive outlook and so she is choosing to be more mindful of the reasons she is fortunate. She wants to be more relaxed and optimistic.
I loved writing my recent post on the 5 things I am grateful for and Kate’s posts have inspired me to write another gratitude list – so here are some of the things I have been recently grateful for:
- A clear scan! Yesterday I had a bone scan to check to see if my cancer has spread and my Oncologist called to say it was ALL CLEAR! I’m so happy and thankful that my health is heading in the right direction.
- A happy 1 year old! My baby turned 1 last week, he’s sooooo big now. Well physically, he’s still my baby but he’s developing so well every day and turning into such a lovely little boy.
- Being Shortlisted for a Blogging Award: I’ve been shortlisted for the Inspire blogging award for the BritMums Brilliance in Blogging annual awards. I’m so grateful for everyone who voted for me – thank you! You can vote for me to make the finals here (please!).
- My first Blogging Event: I had the best time at the Kids Business Blogging Brunch in Sydney last week. I met so many amazing bloggers and some fabulous brands too.
- A lovely solo hotel stay: a big thank you to The Menzies Sydney for inviting me to stay with them when I was in Sydney. The hotel staff could not have been nicer to me during my stay and it was lovely to have some ‘me’ time!
What are you thankful for this week?
Do you run a series that you’d like to take part in yourself? Email me your idea to mim AT lovefrommim DOT com