My Mother’s Day Playlist – Top 5 Songs for Mum
It seems like every ad on the telly is pushing Mother’s Day ten times more this year! It has been nice to think about what it means to be a mum a little bit more though and to appreciate my lovely Mummy. So as I’m feeling festive, I’ve decided to list my Top 5 Songs for Mum – my Mother’s Day Playlist :)
If you list your top 5, tweet them to me with #songsformum and I’ll link up your post here!
1. “Mama’s Song” by Carrie Underwood – I just can’t listen to this without sobbing like a baby – and don’t get me started on the music video! Oh just beautiful about when a girl gets married and reassures her Mum that her new husband look after her and she doesn’t need to worry about her.
2. “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift – another soppy one – well I suppose they all are! This is such a lovely song about Taylor growing up and having her mother’s support at different times in her life when things haven’t gone right. I wonder if Miss M will think of me this way too and I will strive to be as supportive to her as possible. Daddy gets a mention too :)
3. “Modern Day Prodigal Son” by Brantley Gilbert – about a turning point in his life when he knew he’s messed up but his Mum welcomed him home – such a lovely song by one of my favourite singers.
4. “Mama” by the Spice Girls – it might be vomit-inducing for some but it’s a classic for me and I used to love that video of them singing to their Mums awwww!
5. “The Baby” by Blake Shelton – a gushy one by big softy Blake – and worth watching the video for his blue eyes alone – swooooon! Thank God he since cut his hair though.
Are any of these favourites of yours? Tell me the songs about Mums, Dads or family that you love too!
The lovely Kaye at Hello Archie has linked up her top 5 songs here – check them out!
- Things they don’t tell you about Pregnancy
- 8 things I LOVE about being Pregnant
- Travelling with Babies & Toddlers Series