Spicy Carrot Hummus
This week I made a batch of delicious Spicy Carrot Hummus and wanted to share my simple recipe with you.
Hummus is so easy to make if you have a food processor or blender and I whipped this up in our Breville Boss to Go Plus.
I ended up making double the recipe so that I could convert half of it into a soup – read on for both recipes.
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 100g Tahini
- 400g Chickpeas, drained
- Sea Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of Harissa
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a pan of boiling water, cook the carrots for 10 minutes.
- Prepare other ingredients while carrots are cooking.
- Drain carrots and add all ingredients to food processor.
- Blend until the right consistency and add in more olive oil gradually if necessary.
- Serve with vegetable crudites.
The finished hummus was so tasty with just the right amount of spicy kick to it.
I had it for lunch two days in a row with sliced cucumbers and red capsicum.
I could have frozen the rest for the following week but decided instead to make a soup out of it.
I put the remaining hummus into a pan on the stove, added about 300ml of vegetable stock and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and stirred it altogether.
I added pepper to taste and it made the most delicious Spicy Carrot and Chickpea Soup – YUM!
What’s your favourite hummus flavour?